Thursday, September 1, 2011

KMII - The Non-Hiatus-Hiatus

Hey guys, 

You know I hate doing this but it must be done. Irishward is taking a wee break. I won't use the word 'Hiatus' because that has a stigma of never returning and I can assure you that Irishward will return. Just not for a few weeks. I've not been well enough to write for a few weeks now and it seems like it will be a few more before i'll be able to again. 

If someone could come transcribe the story from my brain then that would be great, cos it's all in there. 

I assume most you know I have M.E. and like most people you think you know what it is / haven't a clue but nod understandingly / or you endure it yourselves or live with someone with it and you really do understand it.

I've had it for almost 4 years & i dont even understand it all. What i can tell you is it is a chronic fatigue illness that affects people differently. Personally, i dont sleep much, i have painful muscle spasms and joint pain that would knock out a sumo wrestler. This makes writing painful, especially when the muscle / joint pain of the month is in my wrists, elbows & shoulders.

Because I have a lowered immune system I catch everything and it takes a long time to recover from any illness or procedure. To this point, it's been assumed by my medical team that i have not yet recovered from a gallbladder surgery i had in April 2010. Its almost like i still have a sick gallbladder when in fact it was removed. So I will be going into hospital next week for more tests, in the hopes that they can discover a solution to the chronic pain in that part of my body.

I will continue to write KMII when i can. I will update chapters when i'm satisfied that they are up to standard but it will probably take longer than usual. I can only assure you that it will be finished and hope that you stay with me for the bumpy ride ahead.

I'll post an update on health stuff when i can / if i remember (short term memory) but mostly you can find me on Twitter ( @IrishTwiFicster )


Thanks for the support
Slainte,
Bee

P.s.
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is an invisible cruel disease. If you can, please support CFS research as there's no known cure. Thanks X

7 comments:

  1. Oh I would love to come transcribe for you! In fact, I can think of no better career change than to be Bee's personal transcriber. Now if I could only get to Ireland....

    Please feel better, and know that we're behind you. I know what it feels like, and to think of it as bad as yours... I don't even know how you do it.

    Tweet you soon

    Nix

    PS what is it with blogger not letting me sign in with any other account but LiveJournal? My google account is allowed here blogger, I promise. You bugger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie in S. FloridaSeptember 2, 2011 at 5:00 AM

    Wishing you well, and looking forward to reading your stories. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of yourself first. I love your writing and will gladly wait for more. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your health is the most important thing right now, so please take good care of yourself and take your time to recover.
    i really love your story and all the irish world around it, but i will wait patiently for more, and for now i will send from here (portugal) the best energies for your recovery.
    big kiss
    greyeyesgirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing writer and the fact that you have got so much done already, on top of everything you are learning to deal with in your life, is inspirational. Your health is far more important than the next chapter, I wish i lived closer because it would be an honour to transcribe for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are doing better since your last post. I have been reading this wonderful story of yours and can't wait to see how it turns out. Of course my wishes for your health are not altogether selfish. I truely hope this comment finds you better then you were when you last updated.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this finds you better. I'm so sorry youre going thru all that. I luv your writing and know your fans will wait for you. Bless you, Lily

    ReplyDelete